ENTRIES & REGISTRATION
SEMI-FINALS Limit 15 entries per studio (Winter Tour Oct-April)
CASH AWARDS(Summer) - Unlimited Entries per studio
NATIONAL FINALS- Unlimited Qualified Entries per studio
Limited number of acts in each city.
Use official TDC entry forms.
All entries must be postmarked by registration cut-off date for corresponding city.
No phone, or e-mail registration accepted.
Fax entries accepted only if paid with a credit card.
No metered postage date accepted.
Postmark does not guarantee acceptance of competition entries.
Competition cut-off may occur before cut-off date if quota is reached.
Registration fees, competition fees and forms for all contestants and teachers must be submitted at the same time.
Please include two (2) checks:
All entries final.
No changes will be permitted once forms are submitted
- All contestants must be registered along with their teachers for the entire convention in the city where competing
Competition Fees and Convention Tuition Fees must be submitted at the same time, but on two (2) separate checks or credit card.
- All routines must be appropriate for family viewing.Inappropriate routines will be stopped and/or disqualified.
- Dancers may compete in more than one number in their CATEGORY and age division. However, they may compete for one studio only, regardless of how many studios their teacher owns.
- Students of teachers owning several studios may compete for one of that teacher's studios only.
- Dancers studying regularly at different studios, owned by different teachers, may compete for each studio, if each teacher is registered.
- Dancers may compete in more than one city.
- If a number wins in one city, that same number may not compete in another city.
- No TEACHERS OR PROFESSIONAL DANCERS ARE ALLOWED TO COMPETE.
- No use of fire, glass or live animals on stage.
- Stage must be left clean by performers.
- No beginner students.
- No coaching from audience.
- No singing. Lip-sync OK. Talking OK
- General lifts OK.
- Crossing from Stage Right to Stage Left (or vice versa) during any competition number, must be done on stage. There is no access to cross behind the stage, nor will it be permitted. No points will be deducted for this.
- Beginning entrance and final exit will be Stage Right or Stage Left only. This will be dictated by venue.
- 70 DANCERS MAXIMUMon stage at any given time for safety.
Only 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners from the Semifinals Competition qualify for the National Finals.
- Ballet- All ballet entries (Classical, Pointe, Character, Modern, etc.) judged together in the Ballet category only.
- Jazz- All jazz (up-tempo, 50's, 60's, etc.) will be judged together in the Jazz category only.
- Hip Hop- All Hip Hop and Street type moves will be judged in the Hip Hop category only. Must be 75% Hip Hop steps. (Judges discretion, Judges decision is final.)
Lyrical Jazz- A routine using lyrical technique.
Contemporary- Jazz styles mixed with a ballet and modern emphasis.
Musical Theatre- Theatre Broadway style dance.
- Tap- All tap entries will be judged together in the Tap category only.
- Open- All entries that are:
- Acro / Gymnastic *- four or more gymnastic tricks
- Mixed Styles- any combination of opposite styles of dance. (example: Ballet & Hip Hop, Jazz & Tap, etc.)
* Acrobatic moves not generally taught in dance class. (example, cartwheels are not tricks)
Hand-springs, walkovers, tucks, cheerleading tosses, etc.
Gymnastic Tricks occurring simultaneously constitute 1 pass/1 trick.
If four or more tricks (gymnastics/acrobatic passes) are used in a routine, it should compete in or will be moved to the Open Category.
*Please indicate one of these five categories within the "Open" section of your entry form
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
There is the possibility of FRIDAY NIGHT COMPETITION
in some cities.
We always contact competing studios at least two weeks prior to the competition to advise them if this will be necessary in their competition city.
The competition stage is approximately 24'x 40'
Free to full-paid registered Teachers, Assistant Teachers, all Students and Observers with I.D. bracelet.
$5.00 all others.
Tickets may be purchased at the Tremaine Merchandise Booth on the morning of the competition
Children 6 and under admitted free.
Reserved seats for teachers of competitors.
All music for your studio must be submitted on ONE MASTER CD and ONE BACK UP CD with each song on a separate track
*NOT CD SINGLES
Each CD and jewel case must be labeled with:
- Studio Name
- Teacher Name
- Number of each Track
- Title of Each Track - Exactly as Registered
Routines on each CD DO NOT need to be in a specific order, but MASTER CD and BACK UP CD order must match.
Each CD and CD Back Up must be in an individual hard plastic square jewel case. CD's will not be accepted without this protective case.
Each CD and CD Back Up must be of good quality and playable on a professional sound system. We use Professional Denon CD players.
NOTE: We have been advised against the use of Re-Writable CD's, since they have a tendency not to work in all CD players.
All music must be completely edited and cued to the start of each routine.
- A 5 point deduction will be taken for music not edited and/or cued to start.
- Music must be submitted between the hours 9 a.m. and the Designated Cut Off time which you will be informed of when picking up your registration packet, NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is also the time to ask questions or advise us of:
- Any changes to the Number of Dancers
- Costume Change problems
- Pauses or Tags in your Music
- Prop Considerations
- Any Other Concerns regarding your dancers' Competition Experience
Individual High Quality Cassette Tapes with Individual Cassette Back Ups, each containing only one routine, will also be accepted. Each cassette and back up must be in a hard plastic protective box and properly labeled. (see above)
(2 Minutes, 45 seconds)
(2 Minutes, 45 seconds)
- 1-point deduction for each second over the limit.
- NO MINIMUM LENGTH
Age Divisions in all Categories
*Minimum Competition Age = 6 Years
Juniors - Average Age: 6 to 10.99
Teen - Average Age: 11 to 13.99
Seniors - Average Age: 14 - up
& 50% RULE
*Age is determined by actual age as of competition date. 50% of the dancers in each division (Junior, Teen and Senior) must be that age in order to compete in that division.
*If 51% or more of the contestants within the group are at a higher age than the division you are applying for, the routine must compete in the higher divisionanother age division.
Birth certificates or proof of age for each dancer competing must be brought to the convention and available as proof of age upon request.
DO NOT FAX or MAIL Birth Certificates or Copies of Birth Certificates.
A 10-point deduction will be taken from your score for misconduct in the dressing room and/or the backstage area.
SEMI-FINALS & CASH AWARDS
1st Place_______90-100 points
2nd Place_______81-89 points
3rd Place_______75-80 points
1st Place_______90-100 points
2nd Place_______81-89 points
3rd Place_______76-80 points
4th Place_______70-75 points
- When only one number is competing in a category, the number will compete against the scoring system.
- When only two numbers are competing in a category,l st & 2nd Place will be awarded.
- When three or more numbers are competing in a category, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place will be awarded.
- A Competition Line Up will be posted in a public area for attendees at approximately 9:30 a.m. on the day of competition.
HELPERS ON STAGE
You may have "helpers" (dressers, human props, etc.) on the stage during a routine. Every person on stage must perform in the number and be seen by the audience for at least 2 counts of eight."Helpers" must meet the following requirements:
- Must be registered as a Student or Assistant Teacher for the entire convention
- Must be registered as a performer and have fees paid for any competition entries they perform in
- Their age/ages must be figured into the overall average age of the competition entry. (See Age Requirements & 50% Rule)
General props are OK, they must be moved on and off stage by performers only
No Scenery, Dangerous or Oversized Props
Any unnecessary delay will result in a 10 point deduction.
Where there is a safety concern, please speak to a TDC Associate when submitting your music
TDC reserves the right to disallow the use of any oversized or dangerous props
CATEGORIES & TIES
The judges may choose to move a number into a different category, (example, from Open to Jazz, etc.) based on dance style, TDC rules, etc. There are no penalties or deductions when this occurs. All ties will be broken by the technical score. If there should be a tie on technical scores, the tie will be broken by overall performance score. If there should be a tie on overall performance scores, the tie will be broken by judges decision. The decision of the judges is final.
ONLY COMPETITION TEACHERS may pick up score sheets, judge's critiques and their music at the Registration Desk, the last morning or the convention starting at 7:00 a.m.
Any questions regarding competition should be addressed at that time. No questions will be handled during the competition.
By entering Tremaine Dance Competitions you accept that the decision of the judges is final.